Terms and regulations
OPEN STAGE 2019
The competition rules
§ 1 General
- The University is organized by the Foundation Sztukmistrze, the Student Council of the Catholic University of Lublin John Paul II and the Centre for the Meeting of Cultures in Lublin.
- These regulations specify the rules, terms and conditions for participation in the “OPEN STAGE 2019”, hereinafter referred to as the Competition
§ 2 Conditions of participation in the Competition
- The competition is open to all students of Lublin universities, without limitation as to citizenship.
- To register for the competition, you must complete the registration form at the latest by 15.04.2019 r.
- Prize Winners of previous editions of the Open Stage cannot participate in the competition.
- Participants are required to submit a brief presentation approx. 5 min developed in their own way.
- Participant warrants that presented by participants show is free from legal defects and that they do not infringe the rights of third parties.
- The participant can perform alone or with the accompaniment of the band, choir, orchestra, or a group of other participants
- Participant reports needed to perform technical conditions, the Organiser reserves that may not all be able to be met (for reasons beyond the control of the Organiser).
- Participant is obliged to notify the organizer of the dangers of his performance. The organizer is not responsible for these elements of the performance.
§ 3 of the Rules and the Contest
1. The competition takes place in two stages:
- Stage I – the audition of the participants conducted by the Commission selected by the Organiser (planned on 16 and 17/04/2019)
- Stage II – The performance in front of the jury and audience during the gala Open Stage, (planned for the day 19/05/2019)
Of the participants who will take part in the hearings, the Commission will select approx. 12 performances which qualify for the Second Stage of the Competition. The Promoter reserves the extension or reduction of performances selected for Stage II of the Competition.
2. The audition may be discontinued at any time (regardless of whether the work has been presented in their entirety or not).
3. The Commission’s decision is final and indisputable, and the Participants of the Contest, during the entire duration of the competition cannot discuss or consult the Commission on any matter relating to their participation in the Contest, and in particular the course of the show they performed, their appearance or skills presented.
4. Participants qualified for stage II are required to participate in the rehearsals, preparatory meetings and photo session. Unjustified absences are grounds for disqualification of the Participant.
5. The organizer is not obliged to give reasons for the decision to reject or qualification of the Participant to the next Stage of the Competition.
6. Participants will be informed of the results of the auditions by e-mail or phone. List of Finalists will be announced on the website of the Competition and the Competition’s profile on Facebook.
§ 4 Awards
- The winner is the participant whose presentation will be selected by the jury, and that is not disqualified by the organizers due to a violation of the Rules or other reasons that may make participation in the Contest Participant impossible.
Prize Competition is 7000 zł gross. The jury has the right to split the prize among several participants.
- Audience Award will receive a participant whose performance receives the most votes of the audience and will not be disqualified by the organizers due to a violation of the Rules or other reasons that may make participation in the Contest Participant is impossible.
Competition Audience Award is 1000 zł gross
- It is possible to establish additional prizes in case of the Founders. The competition rules will then be extended to the procedure of granting additional prizes.
- The list of winners of the contest will be published on the website of the Competition
- The transfer of awards will follow in accordance with applicable tax laws
§ 5 of the processing of personal data and the dissemination of the image
- The organizer reserves the right to process personal data Participants for the needs of the Competition
- Participants personal data will be processed in accordance with the relevant provisions of the law, in particular with the Act of 1997 29sierpnia. on the protection of personal data. Personal data shall be processed solely for the purpose of the Contest conducted, in particular, emergence Winners Prizes and grants referred to in these Regulations. The Data Controller is the organizer. Each Participant shall have the right to access their data and to correct them. Data submission is voluntary. Participant acknowledges that it failed to give adequate personal data or data provide false, incomplete or inaccurate can actually prevent you from participating in the Contest, or obtain Awards and confirm by making declarations that it will not pick up on this account any claims.
- Contest Participant grants the Organizer free of rights for multiple use, including the dissemination of images, phonograms, video recordings of the image and the statements of the participants, without the need to always approve such use. The agreement covers the use, preservation, processing, reproduction is the image of the Participant and voice, through any medium, and distribute them to promotion (including promotion Organizer), communication and implementation of the “Open Stage” consistent with applicable law, including the particular posting pictures on websites and publications in newspapers, magazines, periodic, magazines occasional, folders, and electronic publications. At the same time participant waives any and all rights in connection with approval every time the use of the material in the image as in the case of using them to connect with other images through digital technology, provided that all these actions only serve to promote competition or promotion Organizer.
§ 6 Final Provisions
- Each Participant by entering the Competition acknowledges having read and accepts the terms of the Regulations.
- In situations not covered by these Regulations, the organizer of the competition decides
- Participants shall not be refunded any costs associated with their participation in the Contest.
- The organizer reserves the right to change the provisions of these Regulations. All changes to the Regulations that eventually there will be, will be published and highlighted on the website of the Competition
- The organizer reserves the right to interrupt the Contest Period shift or premature termination of the Contest for reasons of force majeure, in particular, technical or legal reasons.